Epic: Science's Story and Humanity's Response
Papers from the talks are
being published as an affordable book to capture the scope of
interdisciplinary scholarship, the spirit of the conference, and for the benefit of those unable to attend. A copy of the book will be made available to all conferees
at a discount (around $15). It will be available to all through the
Collins Foundation Press before the end of 2008.
Guidelines for the
papers are given below and are closely followed.
Author Guidelines –
Evolutionary Epic Conference Proceedings
here for Complete Publications Instructions for Authors)
The deadline for submitting papers
has been extended to January 31, 2008. This will allow for
authors to include information or insights gained at the conference and
the preparation of special focus reports.
Please list your name under your paper title as you wish it to appear in
the published volume. Please do not include your affiliation on your
paper. See below for information on affiliations.
We would like for each author to contribute a short bio (~200 words).
Please include your affiliation, current research/research interests,
books/articles authored or co-authored, any awards or honors received,
Papers for Proceedings:
1. Readership: The primary audience we intend to target will be intelligent laypersons who want an overall grasp of the evolutionary
epic from the many different perspectives which this edited volume
will incorporate. Your paper will be a summary of the talk you present
at the conference.
2. Organization: Please include appropriate headers and subheaders when
necessary to help outline your paper to the reader. Please avoid using
only one heading and subheading within a section.
3. Word count: Approximately 2,000 words,
(3-4,000 words for evening speakers) including references; again, please try to write as concisely and
clearly as possible to be within the word count. (Please note that each
chapter will have its own references rather than having an overall
reference list at the end of the volume so please only use references
4. Format and Style: Submission will require an Microsoft Word Document.
for Instructions to Authors
5. Please submit your paper electronically to
EvolutionaryEpic@msn.com. Put "Evolutionary Epic Paper
in the subject line.
6. Deadline (Thursday, 31 January 2008): Receipt of
late papers can contribute to a delay in publication of the volume.
7. Permissions: If you cite lengthy quotations or a large amount of
material from another source, please make sure you do not have to obtain
reprint permissions from the copyright holder. Because your papers are a
summary, we encourage you not to use lengthy quotations or lots of
material from other sources.
8. Courtesy Permissions: If you want to use your previously published
work for more than what is fair, be sure to obtain permission from the
9. Attribution: Make sure to give credit to those for whose material you
10. Graphics (tables, pictures, photographs): Because we are making our
proceedings book very affordable, and because there is limited space for
each author's paper, we encourage you to only include necessary
**As a reminder, please keep an electronic and hard-copy of your paper
in case questions arise during the editing process.**